The University Recognition Certificate in the UAE is mandatory for overseas graduates and professionals. Learn about who needs it, the application process, required documents, validity, timelines, and more.
Who Needs the University Recognition Certificate in the UAE?
The certificate is required for:
- Students who completed high school or university outside the UAE and seek admission for further education
- Professionals holding foreign degrees who want to work in the UAE: teachers, doctors, engineers, nurses, etc.
- Government employees in certain designated job roles
- Applicants for UAE Golden Visa in categories needing qualification recognition
Why is the equivalency certificate required?
The UAE government issues the certificate to:
- Verify that foreign qualifications meet UAE education standards
- Validate the authenticity and legitimacy of overseas academic degrees
- Allow qualified professionals to work in their fields in the UAE
- Facilitate admission of students to UAE universities
- Assess candidates for immigration benefits like Golden Visas
Which qualifications are eligible?
Recognition can be obtained for:
- High school certificate or diploma
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- Doctorate degree
- Professional or vocational diplomas and certificates
Distance learning and online degrees from accredited institutes are also eligible.
Step-by-Step Application Process
Follow this 2-step application process:
1. Document Verification
- Visit Ministry of Education website and register for e-service
- Fill out the application form with personal and qualification details
- Pay verification fees based on academic level
- Upload scanned copies of all required documents
- Track application status online
- Receive verification report from Ministry
- Login to Ministry portal using UAE pass
- Enter reference number and date of birth
- Confirm all personal and degree details
- Pay recognition certificate fees
- Download official digital certificate
- Receive attested hard copy in mail
Provide high-quality scanned copies of:
- Educational qualifications: degree, transcripts, and marksheets
- High school certificate for bachelor’s applicants
- Thesis or dissertation for postgraduates
- Official translations, if applicable
Ministry Portal Registration
Use your UAE Pass to create an account on the Ministry of Education portal. This allows you to:
- Submit the recognition application online
- Pay fees via credit card
- Track status and view updates
- Communicate with Ministry officials
- Download digital certificate when ready
Fees and Payments
- Verification fees: AED 600–1500 based on degree level
- Recognition certificate fee: AED 200-300
- Accepted payment modes: credit card, debit card or bank transfer
- Extra fees for expedited service, if applicable
Tracking Application Status
- Applicants can track real-time status on the Ministry portal
- Status displayed as pending, in progress, complete, rejected, etc.
- Queries can be raised through registered portal account
Certificate Validity and Renewal
- A recognition certificate does not expire once it is issued
- Valid for life of holder and does not need renewal
- Update recognition if you acquire additional qualifications
How can the certificate be used?
The certificate allows holders to:
- Apply for admission to UAE universities
- Take up employment in qualified roles like teaching, healthcare, etc.
- Apply for relevant licensing from professional bodies
- Support immigration applications to UAE
Timelines for Processing
- Routine applications take 2-4 weeks
- Priority service completes process in 5 days
- Additional verification may require 6–8 weeks
- Rejected applications have 6-month waiting period for reapplication
Priority Service for Urgent Applications
- Expedited processing in 5 days for extra fees
- Recommended for those with tight deadlines
- Apply for priority service when starting application
Follow the step-by-step guide to apply for your university recognition certificate in the UAE. Reach out for any support needed during the process.
What is a Certificate of Recognition?
In the UAE, the Ministry of Education issues official certificates called Certificates of Recognition. It confirms that a degree or academic qualification obtained outside the UAE meets the standards and criteria set by the Ministry of Education.
The certificate verifies that the foreign degree or credential complies with international education standards as well as UAE guidelines.
The Certificate of Recognition is required by those who have earned academic qualifications like high school diplomas, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees or doctorates from institutions abroad. This includes qualifications obtained through distance learning or online education.
The majority of academic institutions and employers in the UAE demand a Certificate of Recognition from the Ministry of Education for any degrees earned abroad. This helps validate the authenticity of foreign credentials and ensures they meet UAE equivalency requirements.
Using an Equivalency Agency
The certificate process can be complex for those unfamiliar with UAE systems. An agency like Globoprime can provide end-to-end assistance.
- Globoprime agents are experts in equivalence applications with years of experience
- They assess eligibility and recommend the right pathway
- Help prepare all required documents
- Assist with Ministry portal registration and application
- Provide ongoing application tracking and support
- Offer faster turnaround times versus self-applications
- Provide consultation on using the certificate for employment, etc.
While the Ministry warns against unauthorized consultants, reputed agencies like Globoprime are reliable partners for a smooth equivalence certification process in the UAE.