When you are planning to move abroad, especially the UAE, you might across the term “Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) attestation”. MOFA attestation is the process of getting your documents attested by obtaining a stamp from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This process is followed only after your documents have been attested by embassy attestation.
When do I need MOFA attestation? What documents need attestation from MOFA?
MOFA attestation is needed when you are applying for a UAE resident permit, employment visa, student visa, or family visa. MOFA verification is also required while applying for a work permit in the UAE or when you want to take advantage of the world-class healthcare facilities in the UAE and need to apply visa for the same. In other words, you will need MOFA attestation for mostly all those travels and permits where you will need to show your personal, educational, or commercial documents in the UAE.
Now, the question remains what document needs to be attested by MOFA.
Here is the list of documents for which you need MOFA attestation depending on what purpose you are visiting or moving to the UAE for:
- Medical certificate
- Police clearance certificate
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Death certificate
- Divorce contracts
- Educational degrees and certificates
- Powers of Attorney
- Commercial contracts and invoices
- Any official documents that you need to present to your employer, client, university, hospital, school, or an organization
What Must I Know When Submitting Documents for MOFA Attestation?
There are certain things that you must know before submitting your documents for Ministry of Foreign Affairs attestation, which are as follows:
- When applying for MOFA attestation, you need to send an attested copy of your passport and visa along with original certificates and documents attested by the embassy in the home country.
- Unlike previous steps where various departments or ministries were responsible for attesting different types of documents, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs attests to all kinds of documents whether it is educational, personal, or commercial.
- MOFA attestation is required not only by the UAE but also several other countries, such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, and Bahrain. This means if you have decided to apply for MOFA attestation without professional help, make sure that you choose the right official website and platforms available for attestation.
- MOFA also attests to documents on an emergency basis, given that your documents have been attested by the embassy. Meaning, if your document’s embassy attestation is complete, you can get MOFA attestation on the same day.
- The original documents can be taken and submitted physically to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the payment can be made through an E-Dirham card, credit card, and even cash.
- If you have more than 5 documents for MOFA attestation, it is mandatory to upload all those documents on the MOFA’s official website and make the payment online.
- MOFA attestation is the final attestation step. Once this is done, your documents are fully verified and attested.
- MOFA attestation can be also be done by an authorized attestation agency on your behalf.
Do you also need Ministry of Foreign Affairs attestation for your documents? If yes, seek the professional help of a recognized attestation agency for a seamless and hassle-free experience.